Man, that is one big hurricane.

Hurricane…Isabelle, I think…came near New York and Long Island in 2003 before veering back west.  And the worst case for a NYC strike is a lot messier and potentially deadlier than I’d have guessed.

Structurally, it should hold up fine.  The problem’s the storm surge.  There’s a lot of seriously important areas that can be flooded.  And if Irene follows this projected path, megalomanical Mikie will have a lot more to worry about than trans-fats and traffic lights.

Advertisements

9 Responses to Man, that is one big hurricane.

1. D.J. says:

Are we allowed to hope that it wipes out Martha’s Vineyard/Hyannisport?

Drat.

BTW, #ObamaIsALiar here: http://patterico.com/2011/08/25/why-conservatives-get-paranoid-about-obama/

I was looking through the data and there were plenty of hurricanes up there. One even as high as Newfoundland, so it’s nothing really amazing.

Related: http://theamericansurvivalguide.com/showthread.php?4756-Every-Concealed-Carry-Permit-In-Eastern-NC-Invalid-Due-To-Hurricane-Irene

I just saw today that CCW permits are revoked in declared emergencies. What…the…Firearm?!

That incredibly “Ruling Class” edict probably won’t last much longer, now that actual Americans are learning about it. But who knows?

God, I wish I had superpowers.

And she’s now a Cat 1.

It’s funny, ever since Irene popped up everyone was going batshit insane. I wonder what’ll happen when the US are hit with a real catastrophe, the size of, let’s say, the Sendai Quake. What’ll be then? Total collapse, chaos and anarchy? Now mind you, it’d be the same in Europe.

We are not prepared.

Also, ever since I heard that hurricane’s name, I was thinking Blackhawk Down.

“All units, Irene. I say again, Irene!”
    “Fuckin’ Irene!”

Cities will be horror zones. But country folk can survive.

Jr.

That’s true. When the tornado and ice storms hit my Texan friend, who’s living in Arkansas now, told me that nothing really changed in that little town. Traffic flowed without lights, the shops cooked away the food they had stored to prevent it from rotting and gave it out for free for the relief workers, etc.

NY, Chicago, LA, those would burn.

And now Irene is just a tropical storm anymore. All the panicking for nothing, awwwww…