Like a 51-pound tick sucking on a 49-pound dog.

Ann Althouse is mystified as to why Democrats would want “high taxation” to be part of their brand name.  Pretty simple math, really.

Currently close to half of American adults pay no federal tax.  Government workers do pay taxes, possibly; hopefully they’re not all cheaters Geithner and Rangel.  But increasing the size and scope of their industry provides them lots of opportunities for raises and advancement.

Besides, doesn’t Ann notice the constant calls for higher taxes, not eliminating loopholes and deductions en masse?  They talk shared sacrifice.  They don’t actually do it.

So combine the poorer half of the country plus federal workers dependent on tax revenue, and Democrats are at 51% or more.  And when they become the 51-pound tick it’s when things really suck for the all-American 49-pound mutt.

No, of course that situation can’t last for long.  But parasites can’t restrain themselves from killing a host, if the host allows it.

So is this Call to Taxes really such a mystery?

Advertisements

15 Responses to Like a 51-pound tick sucking on a 49-pound dog.

1. Saul says:

*cues crickets*

2. Ann Althouse: “I would think the Democrats would want to own some of the spending cuts, to pose as reasonably frugal, mature, and realistic. Why cede all that to the Republicans?”

Althouse is an interesting mix of wise man and rube. Perhaps she is still in denial of the fact that the Dems have gone full commutard. The Dems are neck deep in collectivist tyranny, and the GOP is now the “reasonable liberal” that Kennedy used to (?maybe?) represent.

Us “Tea Party Terrorists,” on the other hand . . . watch out, or we might go all Cleveland on your a$$.

So is Rango good? I’ve not seen yet, being forewarned that it’s too intense for the younger spawn.

Cheers!

Everybody was in a foul mood, so I crept off and watched Futuama Season Five.

I like Ann A. because she’s wheeling around a 180 from her former beliefs. Watching her spin the wheel is instructive.

What’s your brood up to?

• SeanB says:

Busy with season six, will sometime watch 5 and earlier, as I missed a few episodes.

• Everyone was in a foul mood? A female(s) must have been involved in this scenario . . .

Not much going on in this household. Too many video games, some swimming. A sick dog. (Again. I think it’s stress. She is the most neurotic dog. Ever.) Going to visit folks in FL in a couple days; gotta leave the hubs behind b/c his classes. The elementary school starts Aug 9, is that ridiculous or what.

I’m going to try homeschooling. I have the curriculum and all, just need to fill in a couple gaps. /takes big cleansing breath./ If I mysteriously disappear from the blogosphere this month, Big Sis hasn’t arrested me for being a Tea Party Terrorist or anything. More likely the boys have circled and torn me up like a pair of hyenas.

Have a good week Wormy.

Oh wow. I love you to death, Linda, but you make me feel so terribly useless. You do more good in a day than I do a month.

Good luck with the brood. Don’t let them generation gap you.

• Please don’t say that. I don’t hang out here to make you feel useless. I hang out here because I like you. Our lives are quite different and not to be compared. I don’t go to work in the morning. I spend money that magically appears in the account thanks to hubs.

I hope your ears settle down for you soon, Wormy.

Thank you very much. The whine is always there, currently it’s just much, much worse than normal.

Unless, like the current economy, it’s the “new normal”. In which case I’ll rethink my stance on suicide.

Oops, don’t mean to be a downer. I wouldn’t ever do that. But it certainly encourages risks.

“reasonably frugal, mature, and realistic”

Not many politicians around with that either way. The vast majority are horny for power and do anything to get it. Thus I say the vast majority of them should dance a little with Madame Guillotine.

Not keen on the French Revolution approach, here. We’d mostly prefer the “ride out of town on a rail” or “tar and feathers” approach. Give ’em a chance to repent, one or two percent will take it.

3. MAW says:

Happy Days Are Here Again. Came across this at SDA and it is frightening. A website dedicated to jobs being lost due to the progs. http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/
    The Gap has announced that up to 200 stores will be closed over the next two years.
    Perkins has revealed that they will be closing 58 restaurants.
    Telecommunications and web marketing firm Crexendo has announced that it will be laying off about 30 percent of its workforce.
    Cisco has announced plans to lay off 9 percent of their total workforce.
    This is just a few of a long list of layoffs and terminations. They also are listing many state and local govt jobs being lost due to cut backs.
    I have decided Washington DC needs to be renamed the city of Americans With No Abilities.

HBSC is going to kill a few thousand jobs in the US until 2013 as well. They move into “growing markets”, aka Asia.

And all of that doesn’t take into account the massive job loss created by killing the space program. But I can’t blame Obama for that. The morons in DC killed Apollo, they killed Skylab, they killed the shuttle. Only for political reasons. That was all there was. That was the only reason. Politics. And it’s not only going to hit people working at NASA. It’s also going to hit all the contractors down to whoever supplies the donuts for flight control.

When you look at the NASA history backwards, you see an organsiation that has no space flight capabilities, then does low orbit flights and finally lands on the moon.

If I could draw, I’d draw an American astronaut standing on the side of the road, thumb out for hitching a ride with a sign “Space”, while Russians, Chinese and soon Indians zoom past him laughing their butts off.

Hooray?

Well, if Beltway Bandits had no abilities, we’d be fine. But apparently they can bs the general public.