China accuses us of cheating!

We’re already defaulting on our debt, claims the Middle Kingdom.  How dare they?!

Oh, wait.  They’re right.  You borrow money from people repayable in dollars, then just print more dollars, you’re cheating your creditor.

But with the Chinese pirating up to 95% of Western software, my sympathy is quite limited.

8 Responses to China accuses us of cheating!

Chairman Mao says, if you want pretty nurse, you gotta be patient.

Wait… that doesn’t fit here.

Hey, it’s China. In a few years they’ll own Europe. You know, I wouldn’t even mind that. We could export our stupid feminazis and greenists to China and import some cute Chinese women. I like that. Plus China’s not even pretending to be freedom loving or nice, unlike the EU. Sure, we’re not on China’s level. Yet. But we’re getting there. Don’t say your opinion over here. If it doesn’t fit into what our red-green block considers to be proper… oh dear… Character assassination is the least of your worries in that case.

Hopefully the Europeans who agree with you are more numerous than expected. The “talky” industries all pretend their monolithic opionions are held by all except for “hatemongers” like you and me. But a lot of folks probably just don’t pay attention to it. Question is, will they before it’s too late?

Hopefully… I don’t know. I’m reaching the point where I simply don’t care anymore and might consider chanting “Burn Europe burn!”

2. MG says:

China is somewhat more hurt by this than others though. Their economy being based on mass producing cheap goods for other nations consumers; a decline in the buying power of American consumers is pretty hard to swallow.
    Do I feel bad? Na.
    Welcome to the liquidity based world gents; bad, dated economic policy is a great way to mess things up!

Economists might be less incompetent than journalists, but that’s as far as I’ll go.

• SeanB says:

Journalists sometimes do get the story right though…………………..

• MG says:

Anyone can be right, with moderate frequency, in the past tense!

Which is also the problem with Economists: they forget that their mumblings are the interpretations of things past. It’s possible to extrude them to guess at the future but the data is only certain for the past.

3. Pingback: Quantitative Easing Is Not Default! : The Other McCain