Non-insane German science babes are always welcome in my America.

Regular readers know I’m delighted with the quality of my present GSB (German science babe).  Unfortunately she’s at a physics conference in Belgium for the next week or so.  And having one around is very easy to get used to.

Fortunately, all the news from Germany lately indicates that more and more of them will have to desert that sinking ship.  Seriously, is the country really this crazy

First, nuke company EOn is told it must shut down a number of reactors in reaction to Fukushima.  So it’s presenting a bill of damages to the government “to avoid a legal dispute.”

But, also,

EOn is preparing an attack on the extraordinary nuclear fuel tax imposed by German leaders in January. Every nuclear power operator has to pay a levy of €145 ($209) for every gram of uranium used – enough to take about half of their operating profit.

This was before Fukushima.  The Greenies just keep pushing, huh?  Despite news like this

Emissions of energy-related carbon dioxide (CO2) reached a new high of 30.6 billion tonnes (Gt) in 2010, the IEA estimated. The previous record was 29.3 Gt in 2008. Emissions in 2009 dipped because of the global financial crisis, it said.

And last I checked, China isn’t shy about new coal plants.  But Germany’s about to scuttle 9 MW of nuclear power.  Carbon emission savings from that will be…approximately zero.

Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), said, “…It is clear that they need to push the world further down the right track to avoid dangerous climate change. I won’t hear that this is impossible.”

No one’s saying it’s impossible, Chrissy.  There are two very simple models that are certain to work.  One is to stop building coal plants and start building the heck out of nuclear ones.  And replace existing carbon emitters with nukes at the end of their operating lifetimes.

The second method is the “2009” approach.  Push for financial crises, shuttering of industries, mass starvation.  That’ll work, too.

Meanwhile, GSBs…it’s hard to do advanced work in a lab that doesn’t have electricity.  So come to America!  You are wanted and needed.

I need emergency backup GSBs, stat!

8 Responses to Non-insane German science babes are always welcome in my America.

1. MAW says:

Great News(For China). The EPA is giving China a 1.29 million dollar grant to study ways to reduce carbon emissions.I hope this grant is from obamas funny money stash.

We borrow money from them, then give some back. The level of brainwashing needed to think that’s a good idea must require a PhD in economics.

Man, this GSB is becoming near mythical.

Or, scratch that. GSB is now a mythical figure. (To steal a line from WORM, “Pun unintended. Then recognized. Then totally intended.”)

I mean, a person of mythical proportions. Stature. Er, that is, a personage whose stature is mythical.

She’s not drop-dead supermodel gorgeous, merely very attractive. In every other respect she seems to be a 99-percentile person.

I usually think “very attractive” is a lot better than “drop dead supermodel gorgeous.”

Come to think of it, I can’t actually think of a supermodel that does that much for me.

Viva GBS!

Drop dead supermodel gorgeous is overrated. Personally I don’t even find those supermodels that great. They are pretty, but usually not attractive to me. Especially not when they open their mouths and talk. Have you ever heard Heidi Klum trying to be smart?

OMG!!!

I’d sooner kiss a wookiee.

The woman I love is by western standards not really pretty. Small size, protruding ears, small nose, small mouth, relatively high cheekbones, etc. Don’t care too much about it. Gotta love her personality and that voiiiiiiiiice….

I have a theory: GSB likes Worm.

I obviously have no actual observational data to back this up, but it’s my gut intuition, and putting 2 and 2 together.