Scenario 1: you’ve just noticed the appearance of rabid animals near the local playground. What is your first response?
1) Do nothing.
2) Eradicate all animals wherever you find them.
3) Become the costumed, rabies-fighting vigilante known as GutShot.
4) Immediately evacuate the playground and warn everyone that rabies is present.
5) Put out food to attract more wildlife.
Scenario 2: A little girl wanders to the edge of the playground and is bitten by a raccoon. Your reaction?
1) Do nothing.
2) Target the playground and surrounding area with an air/fuel bomb.
3) Adopt the girl, train her in martial arts, and create your sidekick Anti-Jen.
4) Kill the raccoon, save its body, and call 911 for an immediate medical response.
5) Spank the bad little girl for provoking a poor little animal.
If you answered #5 to both, you’re probably a government employee. Though possibly a journalist, academic, or “all-of-the-above“. What’s certain is that you don’t live in a rabies-infested neighborhood.
Scenario 3: Your daughter has just been diagnosed with rabies. The disease vector was rabid raccoons fed and sheltered by neighbors who blame you for your girl’s condition. You?
1) Beat your neighbors half-to-death with raccoon corpses.
2) Beat your neighbors all-to-death with raccoon corpses.
3) Beat the raccoons to death with your neighbors.
4) Beat the raccoons to death with your dead neighbors.
Do I claim that Muslims are no better than rabid animals? No, no. But our neighbors do. And dealing with rabies is child’s play compared with endemic insanity.