Bail, bucket monkeys!

Those antisocial Germans!

We’ve used the bailout analogy here before.  Perhaps we can explore it further to understand why Der Das Volk are such bastards.

Let’s say the EU citizens are all in the same boat.  And it’s taking on water!  Obviously the fittest people should be the ones manning the Bucket Brigade.  There’s no doubt who that is.

“Hey, you guys!  We need you to bail us out!”

“Ja, natürlich!”

So they bail until their arms are tired, then try to catch a breather.

“What’s the matter with you?  Keep bailing!”

“Ja, jetzt finde das Leck!”

More bailing…arms…burning.  Rest…needing.

“Get back to work, jerks!”

“Wo ist das Wasser aus? WO IST DAS WASSER AUS?”

“Oh, some Greeks and Spainards are drilling holes in the hull.  That’s not your department, lazybones.  Work!”

“Sie saugen.”

“Yeah, well…you NAZI!”

18 Responses to Bail, bucket monkeys!

1. Edohiguma says:

Das Volk. “You suck” isn’t really used in German.

But yeah, that’s the people’s perception. It’s the same here in Austria. People aren’t happy about money leaking into bailouts and Greece while we have issues at home that require money. I mean our universities are underfunded, our hospitals have massive issues ahead, our national health insurance is effectively bankrupt, we’re lacking police in the streets, but we’re too busy bailing out Greece.

Hey, I’m running on Google Translate here! In truth, I was hoping you’d correct my mistakes. At this rate I’ll master the language of Deutch…it is Deutch, right?…within two decades.

And I hope the lousy grammar doesn’t detract from where my sympathies lie. Northern Europeans aren’t inherently more productive than Southern ones. The sooner the southern ones learn this, the better.

• Edohiguma says:

Deutsch.

But yeah. I mean when I was a kid the southern countries were nice vacation spots, but that was about it. Stuff was cheap there because their currencies were no match for ours. We used to laugh at them.

2. Edohiguma says:

Speaking of Germans: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120824a3.html
    What the monkey F.

3. Edohiguma says:

And I’m now convinced that, in order to be a politician in Japan or South Korea, you need to have the mental capacity of a 3 year old. http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120824a2.html

That letter will go back and forth a few more times.

Oh God, my puny American head was hurting before the first paragraph ended. What does it mean? I’ve tried that approach with women…”I reject your rejection!”…but don’t remember it ever working.

• Edohiguma says:

JT has also nice proof reading.

“Noda’s letter condemned Lee’s demand that Emperor Akihito apologize for Japan’s 1910-1045 colonial rule over the Korean Peninsula and Lee’s Aug. 10 visit to disputed islets in the Sea of Japan that are controlled by South Korea but have long been claimed by Japan.”

They went back in time apparently. So that one Japanese-Korean movie “2009 Lost Memories” was true!

Mrs. Xpat is enraged by this stuff, though she thinks the government’s reponse with the letter is the first time they’ve actually acted appropriately. In her mind, they’ve just been rolling over every time with all the nasty bullies grabbing islands at the same time (China, Russia, ROK, Taiwan, and now even HK!).

I learned a new word, “netto uyo” (reduced from “netto uyoku” or “Internet right wingers”). It describes how normal, impassive, more or less indifferent people get enraged by Japan’s neighbors, and by Japan’s incredibly appeasing govt. and turn to Internet comment boxes to unleash their inner kamikaze pilot. Or something like that.

• Edohiguma says:

I’m personally enraged by how the other Asian countries are trying to force a culture of collective guilt, similar to Germany and Austria, onto Japan.

See here, people like me, who were born decades after the war, are still held responsible for what happened during it. Yes, according to our left wing I’m responsible for the Holocaust simply because I was born in Austria and am white.

It makes me ever more angry when considering what, for example, the Chinese and Korean governments have done to their people after WW2. I mean Mao’s great leap forward was a catastrophe in reality, and how the Koreans have been treating different political opinion in both North and South is just appalling. North we all know about, but the South has been covering up massacres on suspected communists for decades and even today there’s a lot of silence around that topic.

(BTW, “right wing” doesn’t have the same connotation in Japan as it might elsewhere. It means Nationalists, like the guys in creepy black buses with martial music blaring full volume. They’re gangster affiliated.)

This is not the tea party!

llol

I figured I should quit while I was ahead after I could spell Nietszche without looking it up.

5. SeanB says:

Try Redi Tlhabi, am listening to her show now……..